Share a pastime that can last a lifetime. Along with fish, you may catch some priceless memories.
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. – Discover the lure of Missouri outdoors with the Missouri Department of Conservation’s (MDC) Free Fishing Days June 8 and 9. During Free Fishing Days, anyone can fish in the Show-Me-State without having to buy a fishing permit, trout stamp or trout park daily tag. Normal regulations, such as limits on size and number of fish an angler can keep, remain in effect. Some private fishing areas may still require permits, and trespass laws remain in effect on private property.
Conservation makes Missouri a great place to fish, and Free Fishing Days encourages people to sample the state's abundant fishing opportunities. Missouri is blessed with more than a million acres of surface water, and most of it provides great fishing. According to MDC, more than 200 different fish species are found in Missouri, with 40 of them being game fish for the state’s more than 1.1 million anglers.
LINN CREEK, Mo. -- More than 85,000 shots rang out from the Missouri Trapshooters Association home grounds in Linn Creek on April 27 for the 26th Annual Missouri FFA and High School Trap Championship. More than 850 students from all over the state participated.
“Despite the rainy weather, we saw several perfect scores and many 99s,” said Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) Education Outreach Coordinator Eric Edwards, who helped staff the event “We even had to have a shoot-off to decide placement in some divisions because of all the 100-out-of-100 scores these kids put up today.”
Colorado U.S. Senator Michael Bennet joined a bipartisan group of senators led by Senators John Thune (R-SD) and Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) today to introduce a bill that would modify crop insurance premium assistance for insured crops grown on native sod converted to cropland. The Congressional Budget Office projects that this bill could save taxpayers $200 million over 10 years, and would encourage conservation of grasslands that pheasants, ducks, and other wildlife use as a habitat. This legislation is supported by farm and conservation groups including the National Farmers Union, Pheasants Forever, Ducks Unlimited, and the National Wildlife Federation.
- Late Missouri Instructor Allan Hoover receives International Hunter Education Association Award
- Farmers Rediscover Cover: Old Practice Taking Root With New Pioneers
- Discover Fishing With Mdc Through Free Events, Info, App And More
- Hunting Works for Missouri Day at the Capitol
- More Than 1,430 Students Compete In State Archery Tournament
- Cwd Remains Confined To Linn-Macon-County Core Area
- Prop P In the News
- Missour Department of Conservation: Our Conservation Priorities for 2013-2014
- Bash Trash In April With Mdc And Modot Annual Trash Bash!
- Mdc Research On Black Bears Turning Hunches Into Hard Facts