Jefferson City, MO | April 8, 2014 - Legislation is currently working its way through the Missouri Senate (SB964) and House of Representatives (HB2031) to change the classification of captive cervids (deer) from "wildlife" to "livestock."
The legislation aims to transfer control of captive cervids from the Department of Conservation to the
Department of Agriculture. The opposition is pushing hard for passage of the legislation and has been very vocal at the Capitol. It's time for the public deer hunters to be heard.
Legislation is currently working its way through the Missouri Senate (SB964) and House of Representatives (HB2031) to change the classification of captive cervids from "wildlife" to "livestock."
The legislation aims to transfer control of captive cervids from the Department of Conservation to the Department of Agriculture. At legislative hearings held for both bills, an official Department of Agriculture representative testified in opposition of the transfer. The Department of Agriculture believes MDC should manage whitetail deer. The Conservation Federation of Missouri agrees.
Jefferson City, MO (March 31, 2014) - On Sunday, March 23, 2014 at the Conservation Federation of Missouri (CFM) board meeting held in Jefferson City, Missouri, Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Director Sara Parker-Pauley officiated as the new CFM leaders took their oath of office. The new officers are: Al Vogt, President, Ron Coleman- First Vice President, Gary Van De Velde -Second Vice President, Nicole Wood - Secretary, Randy Washburn - Treasurer, Don Johnson - National Wildlife Federation Representative, Ron Coleman- National Wildlife Federation Alternate Representative, and Brandon Butler - Executive Director.
Following the CFM 78th Annual Convention at Capitol Plaza Hotel in Jefferson City, the board meeting was held to discuss matters of business pertaining to the organization, initiatives and programs it administers. Richard Ash, retiring 2013 President, opened the meeting before passing the torch to Al Vogt, 2014 incoming President. The meeting was also attended by Dave Murphy, Director Emeritus.
- Natural Resource & Conservation Scholarships Awarded
- Esteemed CFM Conservation Awards Presented For 2013
- Conservation Federation of Missouri Seeks Deputy Director
- Conservation Federation of Missouri Hires Brandon Butler as Executive Director
- Convention Gun Raffle
- MDC seeking public comments on protecting Missouri deer
- Missouri FFA/High School Trap Championship Draws 850 Students
- Bill Modifies Crop Insurance to Save Taxpayers $200 million, Preserves Habitats for Pheasants, Ducks and Other Wildlife
- Late Missouri Instructor Allan Hoover receives International Hunter Education Association Award
- Farmers Rediscover Cover: Old Practice Taking Root With New Pioneers